Sunday, July 26, 2009

You never forget your first



I've told you that once already, didn’t I?
Only that I actually almost did, forget my first I mean.
In all honesty this is a kind of fraudulent labelling, both the off the wall part and the being the first, but it is close enough for both claims to count as essentially true:
This German poster for La gifle never made it on my wall but it was ironically the first to enter my collection of movie posters, ironically in the way that I don’t really like it’s style, which was quite popular at the time.

But it has my first movie star crush on it, Isabelle Adjani.



No, that’s not quite true. The first star I crushed on was probably Veronica Lake in I married a witch, but that was at a age where such crushes are more like mother figures, the way you crush on your first teacher*.
Isabelle Adjani appeared in a manner of speaking for the first time as a full grown woman in my life.


*40’s sex icon Veronica probably wouldn’t be amused to be compared to a primary school teacher, but then again, maybe she would.

No comments:

Post a Comment