Friday, December 25, 2009

Deck the halls with boughs of gory






Oh the weather outside is frightful...

It's Christmas and that means we have to give the requisite acknowledging nod to Silent Night, Deadly Night, although I remember that movie as being remarkable only for two things:
It proves that there's nothing to boost a movie's renown like a angry mob.
It stars Linnea Quigley.

There might have been more to it, but I'll be damned if I could remember ... I really should use the festive days to revisit it.
I do like the poster art, which with its plain, somewhat cheesy looking, cardboard feel actually manages to nicely sum up a further quality of the movie: it was shot on a budget.
Back in the 80's that meant no stupid CG effects, oh how I wish we could go back...

Silent Night, Deadly Night has also become such a many used tagline that it long since stopped to be funny, and yet we still find it in as late as 2006 on the German poster for the remake of Black Christmas; I guess we can't really expect much originality from a remake, though, and it beats the silliness of the original tag:
If this picture doesn't make your skin crawl...it's on TOO TIGHT.
Oh my...



















Nostalgic Christmas wishes from the Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment