Sunday, July 11, 2010

Who's been first?




As you might have gathered from my last post, I'm a fan of the Blade series (of the first two movies and the TV-Show anyways), but I do happen to find the poster for the second to look ludicrous. Who ever approved that should have been fired. I guess all that saved Blade II from oblivion was the quality of it's predecessor and Del Toro's devote followers.
Which he deserves, the man is brilliant.













One of the few other modern vampire movies I happen to like is 30 days of night, such a lovely teaser poster and the movie didn't disappoint either in my opinion, only the end bugs me somewhat because it looks like a one on one copy from the end for Blade II.

In fairness to 30 days it stands to mention that both the comic this was based on (which by a guess already featured the same ending) and Blade II came out the same year.









On a closing note:
Naturally we can all happily agree on one thing - neither of the above can beat the fiercely sensual and dangerous creatures from Kathryn Bigelow's Near Dark.

Jesse Hooker and his posse still are the definitve word on modern vampires.

No comments:

Post a Comment